When you register a domain at Domain.com, you get additional value with your purchase. Included with every domain are free extras like URL Forwarding, Email Forwarding, DNS Management, and Domain Lock. Whether you are using your domain for a personalized website or a business that is watching their budget, these free extras can get your domain up fast at no additional cost.
Transfer Lock - Free
Prevent unauthorized transfers of your domain names to other registrars with TransferLock. With TransferLock enabled, your domain names cannot be transferred unless you login to your account and unlock your domains.
URL Forwarding - Free
Domain.com's URL Forwarding service is perfect for people who want to redirect their domain to another URL that is too long or too difficult to remember. You can use Domain.com's URL Forwarding services to forward your domain to any URL you choose. We offer both Masked and Unmasked URL Forwarding.
Masked or Unmasked URL Forwarding Depending on how you want your domain name to display in the browser, Domain.com offers two types of Free URL Forwarding to fit your needs.
Free Masked URL Forwarding
Masked URL Forwarding forwards your domain to any URL that you would like. The true URL of the website does not appear in the address bar of a user's browser and the domain name being forwarded appears in its place.
When to use Masked URL Forwarding:
- Forwarding to a longer URL If you have created a profile at a social networking website or a free site that gives you a long URL, register your own domain and forward it these longer URLs. Your users won't have to memorize a long URL, instead they can just type in your domain. Masked URL Forwarding will hide the long URL so your users only have to type in the domain you registered at Domain.com.
Unmasked URL Forwarding
Unmasked URL Forwarding forwards your domain to any URL that you would like. The true URL of the website will appear in the address bar of a user's browser. Unmasked URL Forwarding is great for people that have multiple domains and want to forward it to their main website but want the user to see their main website's address.
When to use Unmasked URL Forwarding:
- Protecting your Identity If you already have a .com domain, to protect your online identity, register all domain extensions like .net, org, info, biz, us, and mobi and forward these domains to your main .com address. If a user types in the .net address, it will forward automatically to the .com domain and show the user the real .com address. This will ensure that your users will reach your website and know what the true address is for future surfing.
- Domain Misspellings Register all misspellings for your domain name and forward the misspelled domain names to the true URL. If the user types in the misspelling, they will automatically be forwarded to the correct website, with the correct address.
Email Forwarding - Free
With Domain.com's email forwarding service, you can create email addresses for your domains and forward them to any other valid email address. Forward up to 250 email addresses for your domain.
Email Forwarding from Domain.com
What is it? Forward emails addresses using your domain to any other valid existing e-mail addresses. You can also add a "catch-all" address that will forward any mail sent to your domain that does not have a valid e-mail address to an e-mail address of your choice.
Please view the chart below to see example of how Email Forwarding works
- Local Address
- Destination Address
- If an e-mail is sent to email@example.com it will forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If an e-mail is sent to email@example.com it will forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If an e-mail is sent to email@example.com (or any other invalid address at your domain) it will forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DNS Management - Free
Domain.com Web-Based DNS Management allows you to use nameservers located at Domain.com for your domain. Using just your Internet browser, you have total control over the DNS records for your domain, without the hassle or cost of maintaining your own DNS server.
What is Domain.com Web-Based DNS?
You have total control over the DNS records for your domain, without the hassle or cost of maintaining your own DNS server. Using your Internet browser you can add, remove, and edit the following Records:
- A - Alias records
- MX - Mail Server records
- NS - Name Server Records
- CNAME - Canonical records
Why use Domain.com Web-Based DNS? It's Quick!
Simply enable DNS Management in the Domain Management area, then enter A records, NS records, MX records, and CNAME records for your account. Within 24-48 hours the changes will have propagated through the Internet and you will be in business! Domain.com updates its DNS files hourly, so your changes will be implemented quickly. Remember though that due to DNS caching on the internet it may take longer to see your changes.
There are no messy configuration files to worry about with Domain.com's Web-Based DNS Management. Records can quickly be added, removed, and edited using an intuitive interface.
It's Reliable and Fast!
Domain.com uses multiple DNS servers located at co-location sites with plenty of bandwidth and low-latency access for your DNS needs. Don't be worrying about the stability of your connection, and losing customers because your DNS server is down. Domain.com provides a first or second line of protection for your DNS service needs. Domain.com can act either as primary or secondary nameserver for your business.
Lock down your domain against predatory domain hackers. Designed to provide the ultimate in domain name security, NameSafe prevents account ownership updates, name server updates, contact updates, moving domains between accounts, and registrar transfers without authorization from the account owner through e-mail. Domains using NameSafe will be under locked status with the registry.