Domain Transfer: How To Transfer Your Domain To Another Company
If you want to transfer your domain to a different registrar, all of the following requirements must be met to complete the process.
Transfer requirements must all display green.
- The domain must be unlocked
- Domain privacy must be disabled
- Your domain must be at least 60 days old or:
- You have opted out of domain lock
It is extremely important that you confirm your domain admin email address before proceeding.
You must be able to receive your Auth-Code to transfer your domain. You will use this code to confirm ownership with the new registrar.
Your domain contact information can be accessed on the left.
It is mandatory that you have access to the Administrative email address in order for a successful transfer. You can view and edit your email address to each tab individually or all at once, depending on which tab you have selected.
How to transfer your domain to another registrar
Log in to your Domains Dashboard.
- On the dashboard, select the domain name you wish to transfer.
There are two views in the Domains dashboard - the Card and List views. Click on the view icons to switch to your preferred view.
- Choose the domain that you want to transfer.
In the Card view, click the domain's Manage button.
In List view, click the domain or its gear icon on the right-hand side.
- Click on Transfers in the left-hand menu.
- Make sure that the Transfer Requirements are met, showing green. Again, please double-check your email address if it is correct before clicking the 'Email Auth-Code' button.
- Click the Email Auth-Code button, and you will see a brief confirmation message.
- Once Auth-Code has been received, you can start transferring your domain to your new registrar by putting the Auth-Code to your new account with them or simply communicating with their Support Specialist.
Back to top.
Want to Transfer a Domain In?
Our domain transfer process is highly automated and designed to ensure that transferring a domain name is as easy as possible while causing no downtime to your website. Transfer your domain in now.
Domain Transfers are FREE. A domain must already be registered with another Registrar in order to begin. We do not charge any extra fees when transferring a domain from another registrar; however, ICANN requires a one-year extension to a domain when transferred to a new host. With this extension/renewal of the domain, we charge the typical renewal fee. The time from now until the current expiration date will be transferred for FREE, so no time paid for is lost.